Sunday, October 3, 2010

Horrible accident at Lake Berryessa...

CAL Fire and more CHP showed up...
That's what happened when I first arrived... Rider was in the middle of the road.
Bike in bad shape!
Accident at Lake Berryessa
Originally uploaded by Speedy Chung
Shit, it wasn't pretty - motorcyclist laid in the middle of the 2 ways twisty road; rocks in football size all over the road surface along with metal and plastic prieces fell off from the bike; the bike was like a piece of junk laid flat at dirt on the other side of the road about 30' from the point of impact. Seems like the rider got target fixation and hit the cliff, and bounced back to the middle of the road...

I was the second guy arrive at the accident scene - parked my bike on the side and helped out right-a-way. CHP officer was already there - I think he was just patrolling the area somehow just encountered the accident. Lucky for rider - the accident happened in the area that has no cell phone signal at all... I helped out directing traffic for about 20mins before other emergency respond units arrived. Man, really hope the rider made it through.... =(

2 comments:

  1. My wife and I saw you at the accident. We assumed you were with the downed rider. It did not look good for him. In fact the medical personnel seemed to have left him on the road when we passed…perhaps they gave up. I looked on the web, but I can’t find any reference to the accident, except your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the rider was air left after I left. I really hope he will make it. More info here at BARF:

    http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348492&highlight=lake+berryessa

    ReplyDelete