Friday, August 26, 2011

Custom belt cover - fun Friday afternoon project




After installation by Speedy Chung
Side veiw
After installation by Speedy Chung
From clutch side
After installation, a photo by Speedy Chung on Flickr.
I always liked the open belt approach - it really shows the mechanic side of the L-twins engine. I was thinking to run open (without covers); but it's hard to let go the beautiful carbon fiber cover. So I decided to do something in-between - modify the stock part. It gives the bike a custom feel without breaking the bank. This is not my first time; but this is the first time on 'larger scale' Carbon Fiber.
I think it turns out nicely - I could be opened a bit too much - oh well, it's ok. I still have the stock part just in case. Will work on the upper cover later - let's see if I can get used to it first =)

After installation by Speedy Chung
Close up right before 3 layers of gloss paint
After installation by Speedy Chung
Wet sand at 1500 sand paper
After installation by Speedy Chung
Rough cut...
After installation by Speedy Chung
This was my setting - with a running vacuum to reduce dust level
After installation by Speedy Chung
Let's the fun begins!
After installation, a photo by Speedy Chung on Flickr.

4 comments:

  1. Nice work....

    FYI you might be interested..I have just joined...I am sure the folks will jump as soon as you post those pic in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgot the links to the forum:

    Ducati Community North Am.

    http://ducati.kontain.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks man! I took her out for the first longer longer ride and she did well. Love this bike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no worries...you had the the best looking (and most heavily modify) SF I have seen...

    ReplyDelete