Monday, September 13, 2010

Bike apart at the operation table

While most local riders enjoy the sunny warm Saturday morning out there; my beloved SF-S was on the operation table to fix a small coolant leak. It had been leaking for 2 months - basically drop by drop, and almost dry out once came to contact with the hot engine casing. It left just a trial of dry coolant mark - very annoying. The master over Ace Motosport had to remove every between two cylinders to grant access to the trouble spot (head light unit, gas tank, air box, and throttle bodies). For replacing total worth of $50 of parts (hose & claims), it took 4 hrs to complete the job. Luckily every was covered by warranty - $95 an hour labour rate would add up quickly!


While I was waiting, I took one of their old loaner out for a spin - the super ugly MTS 620. But surprisingly enough, it was actually fun - it was a low easy to ride bike, and that's exactly what I miss! Seating position was close to perfect - I can ride that all day long - almost felt like a scooter! But then of cause, it was slow, hell lot of vibration, and finding neutral was close to impossible... so after 30 mins of riding time and I think I had enough :P

1 comment: