Sunday, January 16, 2011

First ride of 2011


Nice weekend ride
Originally uploaded by Speedy Chung
After 2 weeks of waiting on the new set of tires and installation, I finally had a chance to do the late 'new year' ride. The weather was super nice in mid 60's - I actually need to remove my heated gear during the ride! I also took this opportunity to brake-in the new set of tires. Compare with Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3, the Michelin Pilot Power turns much quicker once pass certain lean angle,  and I can feel the stability and traction increase during truns. Diablo Corsa 3 in contrast, responds in more linear way - somehow I feel like the bike is 'heavier' during turn. Corsa 3 still excellent summer tires - super sticky and warm up quick; but PP2ct surely out performance Corsa 3 in wet or damp roads. Too bad the damp spots along my routes stopped me pushing the bike harder - I still have about 1" of 'chicken strips' after about 150 miles of riding... I guess I need to ride more  =)

2 comments:

  1. i really like the first of the pics in this post!!! //sven-erik

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top photo - it looks like paradise!

    ReplyDelete