Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Suspension tuning - it's about time

So after owning my Streetfighter S for more than six months, I finally have a chance to dial-in the Ohlins suspensions. The adjustment process is not a very long if you know what you're doing - for expert like Jim over Catalyst Reaction Suspension Tuning, this job took him about 15 mins; but the result was dramatic. At stock setting, the front took most of the heat but the rear couldn't catch up - it was way too stiff at both the compression and rebound. As the result, I constantly feel like the bike is about to toss me over to the front when I go over any bump at speed. After Jim's magic dialing, now finally both the front and rear suspensions react the same way according to my weight - the bike now moves up and down as one, not up than down and rocking back and forth. Finally I feel like this is MY bike! Seriously, it is the best $20 I ever spend on the bike! I highly recommend Catalyst Reaction Suspension Tuning to all local Bay Area riders!

No comments:

Post a Comment