Thursday, March 22, 2012

New rearsets!

New rearsets! by Speedy ChungNew rearsets! by Speedy ChungNew rearsets! by Speedy ChungNew rearsets! by Speedy Chung
New rearsets!, a photo by Speedy Chung on Flickr.
I was pretty happy with my old Ebay rearsets - it was strong, well made, and cheap. But there few were draw-backs: the rest of the adjustments were meaningless to me, and it is a bit too 'wide' due to the double layers of thick aluminum. I have been looking for some time for replacement; but nothing came close to what I had before with the low price point. Unit last week I came across this rearsets. It's sold by Bohemian Racing here in Oakland, and It looks ALMOST EXACTLY like Sato's rearsets - design, finishes, hardware etc. But cost 1/3 of that's Sato asks for. You know, if it's a direct / close copy with that low of a price - it can't go wrong! So after a few clicks the rearsets were on the way.

Shipping was fast and package was nice. The quality of the reartsets and related parts were really good - all the movement had bearing installed, and all the parts were packed individually. Instruction and part list was clear, and the installation itself was a piece of cake. BTW, it came with EVERYTHING you need - that's one hell of a deal!!!

I specifically ask for silver color pegs. It's easier for cleaning but it probably looks better if it's all black. I may change it later... but so far I love the new rearsets! The only complain is the boot guard - the original one is too small too short. It just happens that I can just re-use my old boot guard. It looks great IMO. Can't wait to put her on the road... =)

9 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see them in person - they look really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael! We should ride together soon! The weather has been bad... I miss the sunny weekend!

      Delete
  2. In terms of quality is the new one better than the old one?

    I was about to get a rearsets from gas-cap-dude but now you got me thinking about the one from bohemian racing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... I think this is better. No modification alone is well worth. Plus it's slim - my old ebay set is fatter (sticking out more). But I can tell you right away that this one is not as strong as the my old set... if you intent to use the rearsets as the second set of frame slider, it's not a right one.

    I just rode about 60 miles with the new rearsets, and I love it! All the action is natural, and the pegs position fits me well. Shifting feels great =)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip I think I will get the one from gas-cap-dude...the shipping is cheaper and I like my rearset to be very rigid ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your blog man. Can you post a pic of the rear sets on the right side? I just received the hong kong sato reps and it didn't come with instructions.
    TIA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also ride SF(but normal), and have had hell lot of problems with SF's awkward footpeg position! And Your postings about SF rearsets gave me a lot of information. I love your blog and your bike!!! ;)

    BTW, R U Korean or Chinese?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Made in China just like my rearsets LOL - Hong Kong to be exact...

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete