Monday, June 28, 2010

Group ride over Skaggs - my longest ride so far!

It was a blast! Total of 280 miles of fun ride in the heat - the temperature around Lake Barryessa area was close to 105 degree. The heat drained everyone's energy quickly, and we needed to rest more then usual. Skaggs road was AMAZING - race tack quality road without kids, traffic, or LEO. The only draw back of Skaggs was the 'second half' of the road (west end to HW1). The road basically down-graded from class A track quality to class B twisty without much of the transition - I personally think it is a prefect test route for the new Ducati Multistrada 1200 - change from super bike to dual sport in a flip of a switch!

I felt very happy after the long ride - not only because I broke my personal record of local riding distance; but mainly I felt like I picked a right bike as my second bike, especially after the right upgrade (the DP racing seat and Oberon slave clutch slave cylinder - will do review soon!). I am looking forward to the next ride... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment